Kelimutu General Information
Kelimutu is a volcano located on the island of Flores, East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia. The location of this mountain village precisely in Pemo, District Flores, Ende. This mountain has three crater lakes on top. The lake is known as Lake Three Colors because it has three different colors, namely red, blue, and white. Even so, the colors are always changing over time.
Flores is a combination word of “keli” meaning mountain and the word “quality” means to boil. According to local belief, the colors on the lake Flores has the meaning of each and have a very powerful natural forces.
The third area of the lake is approximately 1,051,000 square meters with a volume of 1292 million cubic meters. Boundary between the lake was a narrow stone walls prone to landslides. This wall is very steep with a 70-degree angle. Lake wall height ranges from 50 to 150 meters.
Beginning this area discovered by the lio Van Such Telen, Mr. Dutch citizen Mama Lio, 1915 beauty is widely known after Y. Bowman describes in his writings in 1929 Since then the foreign tourists started to come enjoy the lake, known as anchor for the local community . Those who come not only lovers of beauty, but also researchers who want to know a very rare natural occurrence it.
Flores region has established a National Natural Conservation Area since February 26, 1992.
Megalithic Bena Village
Bena is the name of a traditional village located in the Village Tiworiwu, District Aimere, Ngada. The village is situated at the foot of Mount Inerie about 13 miles, south of the City Bajawa. This traditional village famous for the existence of a number of megalithic buildings that are owned and governance of life of its people WHO still maintains the authenticity of the township. Bena traditional village located right on the slopes of Mount Inerie rather prominent.
Locals call this place like we were on the ship Because The elongated shape like a boat. It is said that According to a credible story for generations, in ancient times had a large ship stranded on the mountain slopes. The ship can not sail again and continue stranded until the water finally receded and away from that place.
Guests who visit will see Clearly what is meant by Megalith it. The form is a simple form of arrangement of stones that is organized and located right in the middle of the township. On the stone Megaliths was apparent that the former foot is Believed to be local people’s feet Dhake. According to the story, at the time of building this Bena village, stones that bear Dhake of Aimere, still soft and not hard as there are now so used Dhake apparent footprints in stone. The WHO visitors come to this place will find rows of houses that are still very traditional and are located opposite each other.
Traditional houses are Often Referred to PEO, made of boards shaped stage, roofed combined with bamboo reed walls on the front porch measuring approximately 10 by 10 meters. In the center of the village there is a custom-built monuments such as lopo (Madhu) and a small house called bhaga. Both of Reviews These buildings by the local community is Considered as a unifying symbol of the tribe WHO occupy the township. Local people are truly determined to maintain the authenticity of the township. All homes built to resemble a traditional house and not allowed to build houses with a mix of modern style.
Electricity was not allowed so it is only used for lighting the lamp lights. It is Deliberately conditioned to maintain the image of the corresponding historical indigenous settlement construction. Generally Bena village community is friendly to visitors, where every visitor comes WHO must be greeted with a smile, a greeting. We can wonder about the culture they have and very well will be explained to us about the local culture.
1st Day : Denpasar – Maumere– Moni (Overnight)
- Pick you up from Hotel in Bali depend on the flight schedule
- Transfer to the airport to fly to Maumere/Ende duration around 2 hours
- When you arrive there you will be welcomed by our Local Guide and our Guide will drive you to Ende to the local restaurant for having lunch.
- After Lunch we will take you to Moni to check in the hotel and over night
2nd Day : Moni – Kelimutu – Bena (Overnight)
- Morning Call around 04:00am and we will drive you to Kelimutu and trekking around 30 minutes to see the Kelimutu three amazing colors lake with beautiful sunrise on the top. You have time to enjoy this beautiful and amazing view around 2 hours
- After finish we will take you back to your hotel to have breakfast and check out from hotel
- From Moni we will drive you to Bena Village.
- Bena Village is situated about 16km from Bajawa at the foot of Mount Inerie, Bena is the most famous and also is the most visited village in Ngada Regency. Bena Traditional Village its impressive stone formations and ancestral shrines, as well as traditional houses, Bena village has turned into a signpost for Ngada culture. After that we will over night in Bena traditional village at the Local people’s house.
3rd Day : Bena – Maumere – Denpasar
- After Visit Bena Village we will take you back to Maumere/Ende for flght back to Bali
- Arrive at Bali Ngurah Rai airport we will take you back to your hotel in Bali
The Price is USD 790/person minimum 2 person
- The Price Include : Airplane ticket, Transfer in out airport, Car during on the trip, all meals( breakfast, lunch and dinner), entrance fee, donation, English speaking Guide, Hotel.
- The Price Exclude : Air port tax, laundry and personal expense and tip